A combination of bow hunting and fishing, bowfishing has taken a hold of the hearts of a lot of dedicated enthusiasts. If you’re an archer who is into some adrenaline rush, you can’t go wrong with bowfishing. But before you dive in, make sure you read some bow reviews before buying the best bowfishing bow.
If you want to engage in this sport, there are a few things that you need to have in order to get started. Beware though, this sport is highly addictive. So proceed with caution.
- The bowThere is no need to get an expensive bow when you’re just starting out. You need to focus on your comfort rather than the price of your bow. When you’re out on the river or lake and you want to stick a fish, what you need is to be comfortable with your bow. You can start scouting some garage sales for some recursive or compound bow. As long as it shoots straight, you are all set.
- The reelThe reel is the most vital equipment that you need because it is the only connection between you and your arrow. Even when you are just starting out, don’t hesitate to spend a little more on the reel. For those who are just starting out, you can’t go wrong with the AMS retriever reel. Its simplicity and efficiency makes it ideal for newbie bowfisher.
- The arrowThe arrow is another area where you don’t need to spend a fortune on. As long as you have a white fibreglass arrow, you are all set. Although there are other options to choose from and spend you money on like carbon or aluminum arrows, the standard fiberglass is all that you need to get started.
- The restAnother essential equipment is the rest. This will hold the arrow in place when you are looking for fish in the water. This also helps align your next shots and prevent the arrow from bouncing around.
- The lineThe most frustrating experience in bowfishing is loosing a big fish because your line malfunctions. Needless to say, you have to spend some bucks on your line.
These are some of the tips that you need in order to get started with bowfishing. In this sport, you need to be strong and have the capacity to learn the tactics that work for you. You need to be creative to try new ideas as your skills increase.